JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I park my rv on the street in front of my house. I received

I park my rv on the street in front of my house. I received a ticket due to it being parked longer than 72 hours. How long do I have to park it somewhere else before I can park it back in front of my house?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer!

Parking laws vary by community. For your community, here is a link of some FAQs:

Of particular note are:

Answer 1. The longest a vehicle can be parked on a public street is 72 hours. The vehicle must be driven every 72 hours to avoid citation or towing of the vehicle. To report vehicles that have been parked in excess of 72 consecutive hours in one location, or to report inoperable vehicles on the street, call the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement number at(NNN) NNN-NNNN A Community Service Officer in the Police Department will follow up.

Answer 8. There are no specific laws that regulate RV parking. Parking laws consider RVs to be the same as a car or passenger truck when parked on the street. City Parking Control Officers have responded to calls regarding RVs being parked close to a driveway or street corner making it difficult to see around for those entering or exiting roadways. There is no law that pertains specifically to this issue, but when Parking Control Officers contact the owners, they typically are not aware of the problem and voluntarily move the RV.

In answer to the following question "I have some relatives visiting from the Midwest this summer. Can they stay in their RV in front of our house?" your city also says that: The City's Zoning Ordinance allows for the use of mobile homes, motor homes, travel trailers, vans, buses, or RV's on a residentially improved lot , with the consent of the owner, as living or sleeping quarters for a period of time not to exceed fourteen days within any period of six consecutive months. This would therefore allow the use of the driveway, but not the public street. (

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. I hope this information was helpful and answered your questions!