Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I had aggravated harassment charges pressed against my ex-boyfriend

I had aggravated harassment charges pressed against my ex-boyfriend and now I want to have them dropped. What do I need to do?
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

you need to contact the District Attorney who will be prosecuting the matter - contact that office and ask to speak to the prosecutor - actually you might have better luck with speaking with the victim/witness coordinator - since you are the "victim"

there is no guarantee that they will drop the charges - because it is now in the hands of the state and therefore their total discretion

but this is how you would begin to have them dropped - or at the very least placed on an inactive docket - this means that if there are no other alledged crimes against this person in 18 to 24 months then this matter will be as if it never occured. but if there are subsequent charges for anything the state can bring this matter forward within that timeframe

good luck