attySince1978
attySince1978, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 30 years with over 500 arbitrations and trials representing over 2,000 clients.
12441927

Our new neighbor has a tractor-trailer which he starts up

Our "new" neighbor has a tractor-trailer which he starts up at 7:30 AM a few mornings a week before he takes it on the road, It is now 10:15 & it is still idyling. I feel like I now live in a "truck stop". This past summer we couldn't open our windows while it was idyling. I live in Warren, Maine & would like to know if there is any ordinance to stop him from doing this?
Expert:  attySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
Just your luck that they would build right next to your house.
Perhaps you can talk to him as a good neighbor. You might go further with that approach than calling the police or some other agency. I don't think that you should start a neighbor war with him which could result if you start making phone calls.
Ask him if you could talk to him for a couple of min.
He probably would appreciate that.
Tell him that it is annoying and that you can smell the diesel from his truck and it makes you ill every time he runs it. Ask him to shorten his warm up period to a reasonable amount of time. It could work.

Please deposit and accept this answer so that I can get paid for my service. If you accept I will give you 1 free question.