Christy, Attorney
Experience:  Former General Counsel for nationwide corporation. Contracts, rental properties, business law.

i have loaned a buisness over a 100,000.00 dollars the president

i have loaned a buisness over a 100,000.00 dollars the president has not issued me my stock...or made an attempt to pay back the loan.....can i get a restraining order on this company it is a corporation
Expert:  Christy replied 7 years ago.

In what state is the corporation?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in north dakota
Expert:  Christy replied 7 years ago.
I will research the laws for you, it may take me about an hour to get back with you. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you christy i await your answere
Expert:  Christy replied 7 years ago.

In this situation, in your state, you could seek a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to freeze the assets of the corporation, especially if corporate money is being spent for personal uses by the president.

You are correct in your assumption that you should hire an attorney to do this for you. You certainly have the right to do it yourself, but with complicated business transactions you would be better off with someone who can navigate the court system for you.

This restraining order or injunction will not get your money back. It will simply freeze the assets for a time. You will need to file a separate lawsuit, naming the corporation and the president as defendants to recover on the amounts due to you.

If I have answered your question, please click Accept. I am happy to answer follow-up questions if you need clarification.