Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I am in the State of Nebraska. Someone whom I do know came

I am in the State of Nebraska. Someone whom I do know came into my home without me knowing, and found my E- mail opened on my computer. He copied everything I had on my E- mail from way back maybe even one year ago or longer. I thought about filing a police report. Was that legal of him to come into my home without me knowing and using my copy machine and paper to copy all my E- mail information and even all my E- mail addresses? He has all that information at his home. He told me everything because he was upset about the E- mails he found.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
No, it was not legal for them to enter your home without your knowledge or permission, although if you had given them permission before it makes it a little hard to prove a criminal case.

Likewise, it was not permissible for them to copy all of your emails and use your paper. The most likely charge the police would file would be theft.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.