Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this! Simply

Customer Question

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this!

Simply put, I am desperate; this is an emergency. I live in a house that my mother owned. She was placed in a care center almost a year ago. I've been here for over 10 years helping her but now they say her "guardian" wants me out this Tuesday (12-2). Some curious aspects of this are that they claim the house went into foreclosure months ago, yet they need to "sell it to pay her medical bills there." If it were foreclosed, how would the sale benefit her, as she would no longer be the owner?

And the most painful part is this: I am mentally ill, certified by the state of Wisconsin, and am currently struggling with a new med they just put me on (Lexapro) that I am not adjusting to very well. I just cannot handle this right now. Is there a law that could, if not protect me at this point as a mentally ill person from being evicted during the holiday season/ winter, at least put a "stay" on the eviction temporarily to give me more time? I am freaking at this point, please...if there is ANYTHING that you can do for me, you may very well be saving my life.

Thank you and God bless you!
Don Ertel
Expert:  dkennedy replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This is wrong in so many ways. And, I'm sorry, but I have several questions for you.

Did this "guardian" give you a 30 day notice, or what?

Is this guardian also your mother's conservator?

Is your mother on State Assistance to help her with the nursing home bills?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you!

I did receive a one page letter of eviction but nothing else (such as a certified letter or other lengthy documents that one would think would be received).

As far as the conservator question and state assistance I do not know, I'm sorry :(

Don
Expert:  dkennedy replied 5 years ago.

Hi again Don,

Can you tell me when you got that letter, and exactly what it says?

Is there anything in that letter about court?

I'm going to be offline a little while, but I will be here in the morning to help you, so don't worry.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and I'm sorry...was having internet problems!

I can't find the letter yet, I'm just so disorganized right now; but I don't believe it mentioned anything about court or a court order. Do they have the right to come here today and order me out or to break in or anything? I am just so frightened right now!

If it helps, I have the names and numbers of the guardian and her attorney:
Toni (guardian)
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Bill Everson (attorney)
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Again I most humbly thank you!!!