Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I lived at a mobile home park for almost 5yrs. I gave a 30

I lived at a mobile home park for almost 5yrs. I gave a 30 day notice and moved out. I had put a pet deposit of 700 six months ago and 800 for security deposit of the place. They didn't return any money back and are asking me to pay 53.00 dollar more. They say dishwasher didn't work , which it worked my wife used it weekly. They said the mini blinds were broken , they weren't not even one , my wife can witness that and my son. They said the front and back porch steps were damanged, we never used the back porch and if it was damaged how did we walk on them for almost 5yrs. They nickle and dimed every single penny of my deposits. I didn't take pictures when i moved out but we know how we left that place and nothing they state in their invoice is true. If I take them to small claims court do I have a case? Can they keep my pet deposit, even though they didn't do any damage? They ruined my weekend and I want to get my money back.
You can take them to small claims court and offer testimony as to there being no damages. They would not be allowed to keep your pet deposit for anything other than pet related damages, unless the written contract allowed for it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.