Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

What provision of the Bill of Rights provides many rights to

What provision of the Bill of Rights provides many rights to undocumented citizens?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
There is no specific provision of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights specifically stating that undocumented citizens are entitled to the rights under those documents. However, what the courts have found is that both documents refer to "the people" or "person" without specifying citizens of the US and that those rights apply to all "people" or "persons" regardless of their citizenship status. See: US Bill of Rights This was the reason for adding the anti-slavery amendments was because prior to this slaves were considered property and not "people" or "persons"

The only place citizens is mentioned is when talking about comity between the states:

Article IV, Section 2 of the Constitution declares that "the citizens of each State shall be entitled to all privileges and imunities of citizens in the several States." Other than this clause, citizen is not mentioned, since all of the original people who came to this country were themselves undocumented aliens.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.