Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Im a physician who left my group practice due to medical

I'm a physician who left my group practice due to medical disability. My office manager received deposition subpoenas for all the MD's who had seen this patient who is suing her employer. My manager advised the lawyer who delivered them that I am too ill to appear, but then she (my manager) mailed me the documents on to me by regular mail anyway. Do I have to appear? I only saw the patient a couple times peripherally and I really AM too ill to travel to the deposition.
You should object to the deposition based upon your health and the fact you were a peripheral person involved. You can contact the other party's attorney and seek to make arrangements to give a deposition in your residence since you are too ill to travel. If the other party's counsel will not cooperate, you should get the practice's attorney to fight the subpoena on your behalf or you may need to get an attorney on your own to assist you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.