Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Ive just settled a lawsuit against the school district where

I've just settled a lawsuit against the school district where I am employed. I would like to take this case to the governor's office or the state education committee to shed light on the misuse and abuse of state laws. How can I proceed?
If you just settled it, then you need to read the terms of settlement because most every settlement agreement I have ever written or read contains a non-disclosure agreement meaning you cannot disclose any of this. If there is no such non-disclosure agreement, then you would need to send a copy along with a letter to the governor and to each member of the education committee.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.