Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,

Can a subrogation agency suspend my license

Can a subrogation agency suspend my license?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I would like to answer your question but I need more information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What information do you need?
If I understand your question. YOu want to know if not paying the collection agency will terminate your licenses? Most state laws allow the licensing authority to suspend your driver's license if were driving without at least the state required insurance coverages, or other approved financial responsibility coverages for your motor vehicle. The other person you hit can come after you for the damages you caused them and if you cannot pay or agree to reinstate the payment plan then the person can take you to court and seek a judgment against you. However, the nonpayment would not prevent you from obtaining a license or lead to suspension of the license.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am no longer in an agreement with the collection agency, but I am still paying on my balance. Because I dont have a formal agreement with the agengy can the agency get the licensing authority to suspend my license?

No because the collection agency is separate from the State Motor vehicl Department. You just have to make sure you are legally compliant to drive and the balance for the damages will be sought probably though a civil suit again you.