rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

What is entailed on a Waiver of Notice of Administration and

What is entailed on a Waiver of Notice of Administration and consent to appointment of personal representative without bond? Does a beneficiary lose all rights if waiver is signed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Florida

Already Tried:
Does waiver of notice of administration make a beneficiary to a trust, waive all their rights in determing outcome of trust? Or is the waiver of notice of administration and consent to appointment of personal representative without bond just for probate court?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that while I assist you, I don't know what you already know about the issue unless you tell me.

You do not lose any rights. All it means is that you give up your right to formal notice of the application of the person seeking to be appointed administrator (which you know now anyway) and that you have no objection to that application. If you don't want that person to be appointed, don't sign the consent and make an application to the court for the appointment of another person and/or present evidence that the first applicant should NOT be appointed....ie..untrustworthy with money or property...biased in favor or against one or more beneficiaries, etc.

rich

Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

The court will normally require a bond in an administration proceeding unless all parties agree not to require one.

rich