Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,

How can I revoke my life estate

How can I revoke my life estate?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
You can only revoke a life estate if the life estate holder has either not accepted the gift yet or the life estate holder does something to violate conditions of use or takes actions that will destroy or damage the property for the remainderman (future taker/owner of the property after the life estate ends naturally).
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I currently have a life estate which is given to my companion, however I was and am still not in the right mental capacity I have been diagnosed as having bi polar disorder. I would like to take him off of the deed so what legal rights do I have in this situation
If you're bi polar then there is always the question of if you have a mental illness that would prevent you from transferring property. Please re-read my prior answer because unless you can show one of the conditions I mentioned they you may not be able to remove him from the deed. I wish you much luck.