Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

could you tell me If the doctor of dentist need to wear the

Customer Question

could you tell me If the doctor of dentist need to wear the mask while he checking people's teeth in the office?did he break the law? if he never did wear the mask all the time when he checked me.And more than that;He shower saliva in to my mouth 4 times with 4different appointments.This is my last time that I recieved the drop of saliva from him.I felt so sad,And I talked to his asistant in the office about what was happend to me. even It's too difficult to me to tell.But I tried to speak up."She said sorry to hear that from me.That is so discuss,Cause sometime he talked too fast.And she gave me 1 page of office complain servey for write what was going on.And sent that in office".And In additional,I want doctor and nurse wear the mask for my next 2 month appointment.I was so sad ,I been cried in the office while I was talking with his assistant.I knew some virus live in saliva.His assistant said again"I will bring it up in next meeting.Doctor and nurse need to wear mask"Thank.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
There are no laws requiring a dentist or any other medical professional to wear protective clothing or gear for these procedures, it is left to the discretion of the medical professional. Additionally, there are no health codes mandating such equipment either.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So it 's ok for him to showered in my mouth 4 times.
It certainly isn't healthy, I just said it was not illegal or against any regulations mandating he wear protective gear.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

So is he broke the Doctor criteria by doing that?

No, he did not break any rules or laws, just not a good habit. The only way this conduct could be actionable by you would be if you caught some disease from his conduct, but if you have not, then you cannot take any action against him, you should just go find a new dentist that suits your needs.