Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,

my wife and I sold our 5th wheel trailer both names are on

my wife and I sold our 5th wheel trailer both names are XXXXX XXXXX title. So when it sold my bank which my wife works at as a loan officer gave the people the loan to buy our trailer. So when the bank cut us a check in was only put in my wifes name. I think she had something to do with that as now I wanted my half of the money and she refuses to give me any of it. She paid off her car 3100. and my daughters car 500. the rest is hers and she said its hers not mine. What does the Law say? Thanks
RCW 26.16.010 through RCW 26.16.220 states that All property acquired during the marriage is community (marital) property, except property and pecuniary rights owned before marriage and that acquired afterwards by gift, bequest, devise, or descent, and the rents, issues and profits thereof.
Therefore, you are entitled to half of the check from the sale of the 5th wheel trailer. You may have to sue her to obtain your half of the money. It's not illegal to receive the check in her name alone. However, she is obligated to give you have the money from the check which she didn't.