LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I evaded police on a motorcycle, what are the legal ramifications

I evaded police on a motorcycle, what are the legal ramifications that can come from this. can they arrest me?
You can be charged with fleeing and eluding a police officer, which is a class A misdemeanor. The whole case is going to be based on the officers ability to positively identify you, as the driver of the motorcycle. If you had a helmet on, that would be difficult to do. If the officer saw your tags, he could run a check on the bike and see who it is registered to and then come to your home, to arrest you. If they arrest you, a bond will be placed on you, so you wont have to sit in jail. The max sentence, if convicted, is up to a year in jail and a $500 fine.