Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

In 2002 I agreed to give up my insurance license for some incidents

In 2002 I agreed to give up my insurance license for some incidents that were actually created by my boss. I had left the insurance industry at that time anyway. The discipline was noted in the Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner notes and is a public record.   Can you tell me how long this will appear when someone Googles my name? After almost 7 years of explaining this, I thought at sometime it would no longer be a problem for me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, this information will be on the record permanently. This is not like a criminal offense where you can get a pardon or an expungement. These records are permanent and it is designed to catch those who after a certain time try to go elsewhere and apply for a new license. There is nothing you can really do about this, the information will be permanently in the Insurance Commissioner records and with today's internet technology, if the information is out there on the net through Google, it will be there forever.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.