Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

IF AN ARTICLLE 78 IS FILED IN NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT

Customer Question

IF AN ARTICLLE 78 IS FILED IN NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT , RE: A NEW YORK CITY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION HEARING(DETERMINATION) , DOES THE SUPREME COURT GET TO SEE ALL (100%) THE MINUTES & TRANSCRIPTS THAT TOOK PLACE AT THE CIVIL SERVICE HEARING , THAT WAS APPEALED .     ANOTHER WORDS THE WHOLE CASE WAS SEEN BY THE APPEAL(ART78) COURT JUDGE, AND WHERE WOULD TIS CASE BE FOUND RE; THE MINUTES & TRANSCRIPTS. WOULD THE NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT WHERE THE ART 78(APPEAL) TOOK PLACE HAVE THIS CASE ON RECORD , AND ALL THE MINUTES
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The judge on an administrative appeal would get to see the ENTIRE record from the civil service commission hearing and the ENTIRE record is required to be sent to the court for the appeal. This record should be in the case file in the supreme court where the matter was heard.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
could i go to this artXXXXXappeal court) & see (read) this record of the civil service hearing, or due they have a library , where i could find the whole case where would be the best plase to find this hearing ( minutes)
You would go to the clerk of court's office of the appeal court and ask for the case file and all of the evidence should be in the file, if not it would be in the court's evidence room and you just need to ask the clerk for what you need and they should be able to get it for you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is there a cost for this
They can charge if you want copies, but not for you to just look at it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is there other libraries (buildings)that would have this record on file
Other than the civil service commission itself, no, it would only be in the court file.