How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114748
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do if I feel that the plaintiff on my child support

Resolved Question:

What do I do if I feel that the plaintiff on my child support case I am the defendant has committed fraud (plaintiff). My case started in June 1987. I only came to this realization of the possibility of fraud when I across three-child support notice for the same day, the same year and in three different counties along with three different amounts owing. I believe that there are a total of four different counties in California, and three different counties in the state of Iowa and is trying to open a case up in the state of Nevada. My monthly child support obligation paid off in 06/30/2003. What I am still paying for is my arrears, which now I am realizing that is no way that I, owe.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The first thing you do is gather the evidence together and bring it to the DA, since this is fraud. You also need to file a motion in each of the courts where you are paying the support to modify the support and you need to allege fraud in the motion. Upon showing the courts that all of these places are collecting support for the same child, then the courts will terminate the arrears.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.

Law Educator, Esq. and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you