Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.

My husband had an affair. When he ended it the other woman

My husband had an affair. When he ended it the other woman has continued to harass us with anonymous phone calls, stating all kinds of crazy things. She used phones from all types stores and office locations. She is clearly not mentally well. I would like to know what my options are to protect myself and family and to stop this harassment
It does sound like this person is not well. You have two choices:

What she is doing is a crime. You can report it to the local police department and let them take action. This could mean they would file criminal charges and prosecute her. Or it could result in some kind of mental evaluation/commitment if it appears that she is sufficiently unstable.

You also could seek a civil restraining order prohibiting her from contacting you in any way.

Or you could follow both of these courses of action simultaneously.

You should contact a local attorney and get more specific advice. You can contact the Fairfax County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, which will provide a low cost initial consultation ($40 for a half hour consultation) which will help you decide whether or not you need to retain a lawyer to help you. Contact information is available on their website at:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will legal action be able to be had if she denies what she has done? Can a lawyer request video recording from building management for buildings where she should not have access to prove violations?
Yes, both forms of legal action, criminal and civil, can proceed even if she denies doing anything. In fact, that's pretty much the nature of most criminal cases. And yes, your lawyer could make an informal request for video recordings or, if that request is denied, could subpoena them. The DA, if a criminal case if filed, can also obtain the video recordings either by subpoena or, if the building managers are uncooperative, by search warrant.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help
You're welcome, I'm happy to have been able to help. And thank you for the accept. Good luck with this situation.