Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  California lawyer since 1976.

Hello - The police unlawfully entered my house approx. 18 months

Hello - The police unlawfully entered my house approx. 18 months ago. They were therefore unable to press narcotic charges (I believe my record is otherwise clear, as my only other charges occured many years ago and were expunged) at that time. I'm a college graduate, and own the house, but have a mortgage. At any rate, I recently found an audio "bug", for lack of a better word. After doing extensive youtube/internet research on the topic and extensive looking in my house, I've found many more listening devices as well as the feed into my electrical supply. I've since been told this is unwise, but I've spoken to the local police and they deny that they've invaded my privacy or are aware of anyone else doing so. My uninformed thought is that its the federal government. In any case, I'd like to sell my house as soon as I can.              So what is my question? I guess its A)Are there any first steps you take? & B)How do I find a good local lawyer who specializes in this?
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 7 years ago.
The fact that your house is bugged really has no bearing on your ability to sell it. You can remove all of the bugs you can find, hire the professional if you think it's necessary to remove others, and keep your doors locked to prevent anyone from entering to install more.

Otherwise, the first thing you should do is hire a good real estate agent to list the house for you. You really don't need a lawyer to sell your home, but if you want to consult with one about the situation, you can contact the Hennepin County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. For contact information, see their website at: