rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

I am a contractor that holds a TS SCI. I recently got read

Customer Question

I am a contractor that holds a TS SCI. I recently got read off SCI pending response to Statement of reasons. I have recieved notice of the intention to revoke my clearance under financial considerations. I have a significant amount of debt that surfaced after the SPIN that I was not aware of. I have been avaiding bankruptcy for years now and don't know if filling now would help mitigate my circumstances. Most of the debt is owed to colleges and some to DFAS after an honorable discharge from the military. Unemployment afterwards and medical issues, car accidents and increased cost of living. I am eligible to file for BK. I have sought financial counceling but to no avail. Because I got removed from my position, I don't know if things will only get worst. What should I do?
The adjudicating agency is Army CCF. Would I retain my TS collateral?

Already Tried:
I have tried credit counceling throughout my hardship.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Here are the VA Bankruptcy exemptions. You know that taxes, federal college loans, child support are not dischargeable in BK. :

http://www.filing-bankruptcy-form.com/forms/exemptions/Virginia.pdf

You need the BK route to avoid the pressure (don't underestimate it) and get rid of a large portion of the debt.

Any further discussion needed..please ask

rich

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the question was regarding my clearance not the bankruptcy.

Do you know what can happen? Should I seek a security clearance lawyer?

Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

I misunderstood.

I will get you a link to a directory we lawyers use to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields. These lawyers are in the directory because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area. THIS IS NOT A DIRECTORY THAT LAWYERS JUST PAY TO GET IN. Look through the websites and call a few firms you feel are appropriate for your case.

Rich

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Im sorry but you did not answer my question. I have the directory of lawyers I need an answer the the questions posted above. You said you could not provide an answer and referred me elsewhere. I cannot accept your answer.