Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

my car was smashed from falling construction materials on the

my car was smashed from falling construction materials on the roof of our 10 story apartment complex. the insurance company is only willing to pay the kelly blue book value of my 1995 car but the $200 is not enough to replace my car and I have to have a car to keep my jobs. Could the company that was responsible for the roofing job have to pay more than the $200? It was not my fault that my car was totaled but now I will be without 2 jobs and $200 will just not cut it.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You dont have to accept that low offer. Consider sending a demand letter from an attorney and then commencing a lawsuit. You should recover more from a court and hopefully through settlement as suing raises the other side's expenses and exposure.