Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.
- I am a licensed Texas attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
- I can certainly understand your concern. I have searched the administrative dockets for fiscal years 2008 and 2009. I found numerous permit applications granted to ETC for other areas of Texas, but nothing even close to your area. The first thing I would do is to contact the Railroad Commission of Texas. This agency is charged with this area of legal regulation, and you can obtain a copy of a new construction report by calling the Safety Division at(NNN) NNN-NNNN
- If you do not receive satisfaction, your next step would be to contact the Commission and lodge a complaint. You can do this by calling the Commission's Helpline at(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can also submit a complaint in writing by mail to Director, Gas Services Division, P.O. Box 12967, Austin, TXNNN-NN-NNNN FInally, you can submit a complaint by fax to(NNN) NNN-NNNN The complaint form is supposed to be available online, but unfortunately due to their website being revamped the link is inoperable so you would need to call.
- If you hit a brick wall with the Commission (imagine that with a governmental agency!), then your next best bet is to take your concerns to the Commissioner's Court of Fayette County, Texas. They just met on Monday, October 27, 2008, so to get a more timely response I would suggest contacting your representative Commissioner directly. I have listed contact information (below).
- Beyond these steps, you and your neighbors could organize and pool your funds to retain legal counsel. Due to the obvious cost and time involved with litigation, however, I would certainly exhaust your remedies with the Commission and local political authorities first. I do hope that all of this gets resolved appropriately for y'all.
Address:XXXXXbr />La Grange, TX 78945
Office Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Commissioner Precinct 1: John Saunders
Address: 2339 S. State Highway 237
Round Top, TX 78954
Office Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Commissioner Precinct 2: Gary Weishuhn
Address: P.O. Box 393
Flatonia, TX 78941
Office Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Commissioner Precinct 3: James Kubecka
Address: P.O. Box 423
Schulenburg, TX 78956
Office Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Commissioner Precinct 4: Tom Muras
I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.
If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.
The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.