Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

i backed inyo a vehicle in the home depot parking lot. it turned

i backed inyo a vehicle in the home depot parking lot. it turned into ahit and rwn arrest warrent. need help i am a trucker, cant have such a serious thing on my record. have court appearence 11/06/08. what can I do. serving cen: 08526414
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- You will need to plead "not guilty" and I really advise hiring a lawyer for representation. A hit and run or leaving the scene is indeed a serious charge and can have grave implications on both your license and your insurance. Usually charges of this type can be pled down to some lesser charge assuming there was no bodily injury or aggravating circumstances.

In order to get the issue before the court you must plead "not guilty". Then the court will set the matter for a pre trial and trial. At the pre trial you can try to bargain the charge down but it is far easier with an attorney.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law