How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i backed inyo a vehicle in the home depot parking lot. it turned

Resolved Question:

i backed inyo a vehicle in the home depot parking lot. it turned into ahit and rwn arrest warrent. need help i am a trucker, cant have such a serious thing on my record. have court appearence 11/06/08. what can I do. serving cen: 08526414
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- You will need to plead "not guilty" and I really advise hiring a lawyer for representation. A hit and run or leaving the scene is indeed a serious charge and can have grave implications on both your license and your insurance. Usually charges of this type can be pled down to some lesser charge assuming there was no bodily injury or aggravating circumstances.


In order to get the issue before the court you must plead "not guilty". Then the court will set the matter for a pre trial and trial. At the pre trial you can try to bargain the charge down but it is far easier with an attorney.


David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you