Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,

Were in southern CA. My brother whos marked as a sex offender

Customer Question

We're in southern CA. My brother who's marked as a sex offender and was released on parole Jan 2008. He can't have contact with any minors on parole. Today he was arrested on the spot because he was with his son. His son lives with my mother, and my brother was helping her out with her yard. What can we expect now and what's the worst senario?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
The worst event is that he could be placed back in to jail and be forced to serve the remaining balance of his prison term. Since he didn't commit a new crime there would be no addition charges but the balance of the jail time owed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I heard for parole violation the maximum he can be in jail for would be a year. What can we expect now?
Much depends upon the judge. Since the triggering factor that creates the violation was not a new crime then he may just recieve some time perhaps three to six months following by parole or the judge may not care at all and give him the full year. Your bother's attorney will make arguments to keep him out of jail or the least amount of time in jail but the ultimate decision rests with the judge.