Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Can a parole officer lift a parole hold off an inmate who is

Customer Question

Can a parole officer lift a parole hold off an inmate who is on parole and not to be in contact with any weapons, but is found with a loaded pistol that he had taken10 minutes earlier from a young cousin looking for revenge?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The parole officer cannot and will not lift the hold, only the court can determine whether or not to release the person based upon the circumstances surrounding the possession.
The mitigating circumstances are certainly sufficient to have an attorney make a case to get the judge to release the hold.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.