Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

someone bringing gold into the usa does that person have to

someone bringing gold into the usa does that person have to pay the ghana government? coming from london
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

if you do not know this "friend" very well or long - then i suggest you walk away - this sounds like a scam where they are trying to get you to pay money based on a lie that your "friend" is being detained. there are no fees that need to be paid to Ghana for the importation of gold

gold coins, medals, and bullion, formerly prohibited, may be brought into the United States. however, under regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, such items originating in or brought from Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Serbia, and Sudan are prohibited entry. copies of gold coins are prohibited if not properly marked by country of issuance.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ALSO I HAVE POWER OF ATTORNEY PAPERS IF I EMAIL THEM TO YOU CAN YOU TELL ME IF THEY ARE LEGAL AND I HAVE THE LAWYER'S ID IF I COULD SENT OR FAX THAT TO YOU COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS LEGAL OR RECOMEND A LAWYER THAT COULD HELP I AM IN LOVE WITH THE MANE THAT THEY ARE HOLDING BUT IF THIS IS A SCAM I WILL BE BROKEN HEARTED FOR AWHILE
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

unfortunately, i cannot recieve faxes or guide you other than this medium - this is a terrible scam, i am afraid - and very concerned that you have been placed into it. if you do not know this man other than from the internet you should contact your state's Attorney General and speak to someone there who can review these documents for you - you can get the Attorney General's information through a google search. please be very careful with this - take time to have it properly reviewed as you will be held responsible for any financial transactions that you perform for this person.