I got marry 1 month 3 days ago i made a mistake .how do I go about getting a annulment. And can I.
rochester, New York
I try to control my anger and emtion so that my body do not go hay wire the stress cost my body to start actting up my left side get numb .I starting to get depress i,m alway anger and figthing and my doctor said that not good for me health wise .so i need this marry annulment
I try to control my anger and emtion so that my do not go hay wire the stress cost my body to start act up my left side get numb . I start to get depress i,m alway angering and figthing and my doctor said that not good for me health wise .So that why I need this marry to be annulment.
In New York, you can get a marriage annul a marriage for certain reasons, that are spelled out in the state code.
Section 7 of the Domestic Relations Law provides: if either party thereto:
1. Under the age of consent, which is eighteen years, provided that nonage shall not of itself constitute an absolute right to the annulment of such marriage, but such annulment shall be in the discretion of the court which shall take into consideration all the facts and circumstances surrounding the marriage. Only the infant, either parent of the infant, guardian of the infant, or, where allowed by the court, any person as the next friend of the infant my commence the action for annulment. The annulment will not be granted if the infant freely cohabited with the other party after reaching the age of eighteen.
2. Is incapable of consenting to a marriage for want of understanding. If a party is unable to understand the nature, effect, and consequences of the contract of marriage because of mental incapacity (mental illness or mental retardation), the marriage can be annulled.
3. Is incapable of entering into the marriage from physical cause. Physical incapacity means the inability to have sexual relations. This inability must exist at the time of the marriage and must be incurable. Inability to have sexual relations after a period of time after the marriage is not grounds for annulment.
4. Consent to the marriage by reason of force, duress or Fraud. If a person's consent to marriage has been obtained by violence or threatened violence, the marriage may be annulled for duress. Fraud is a material misrepresentation of fact relied upon by the other party. In order to annul a marriage for fraud, the fraud must be essential to the marital relations. The misrepresentation must be such it would deceive an ordinary prudent person. Concealment might constitute fraud.
5. Has been incurable mentally ill for a period of five years or more. A court may include in the judgment a provision providing for the suitable support, care, and maintenance of the disabled spouse for the life of the disabled spouse, payable from the property or income of the nondisabled spouse.
Pay particular attention to number 4. It is the most broad possibility, as far as fraud is concerned.
If I have been helpful, please Accept my Answer. We can continue to talk after you do so if you have further questions.
that do not help me . but thank you
No problem. Let me know if you have further questions.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).