P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Need advice about the auto we purchased. We live in Florida

Need advice about the auto we purchased. We live in Florida and we wanted a 2nd car. Found a used Mercedes at a car dealer and verbal agreement upon purchase was to do 3 repairs to it before we took delivery. It's been a month and we still do not have the car. What can we do?                 Thank you. J and B
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Did you pay for the car?

DId you sign an agreement to purchase the car?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes we paid for the car and have all the paperwork for the vehicle. J and B
You may want to consider canceling this contract for breech. If you purchased a car and were promised it would be delivered in a timely manner...and that did not happen, you may have grounds to cancel the contract.

If the dealership will not talk to you, I would send them a letter, demanding your money back or you will sue.

If they will not return your money, I believe you can take them to court to recover.

If the amount is $5000 or less, I would take this to small claims court. Otherwise you will need to retain an attorney and sue in district court.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.