Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

my 10 years old grandson ,who is diagnoised with PDD goes to

my 10 years old grandson ,who is diagnoised with PDD goes to a theraputic school and during a recent restaint had his shirt put over his that legal and what recourse do I have?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Restraints are authorized only to protect a person from additional harm and if the restraint can be accomplished without causing any physical harm to the party being restrained. You will need to read the policies and rules for the school to determine their policy on use of restraint, which they must have. If they have violated their policy, then you would possibly have a case if you can prove some harm was caused by their method of restraint and that the restraint they chose to use was excessive and unreasonable.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.