Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I recived a DUI which was reduced to recless driving. There

I recived a DUI which was reduced to recless driving. There was not enough evidence to prosocute because I did not blow and passed all field sorbrity test as well as explained why my lights were not on. 1st day in new company car where the dash board light automactically iullumanate.                               My question is When I appied for job recently the requested I have a leagel drivers licenes. I have a re stricted licenens which jude approved is this considered a leagal license? How will this charge show up to potiental employers? Do they consider me a higher liabilty? I work in sales and will drive my own car? How can I limit access as to the nature of information released to prospective employer?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
While it is a legal license, it will show up to employers as "restricted" and you will have to prove what the restrictions are. Since your job is sales and if you are required to drive around all day, you will have to go back to the judge and make sure that this is permissible under the restriction, since most restrictions limit your driving to and from work. It does create a higher liability for the employer if it is on their insurance or if any negligence in your driving can be attributed to them while you are working for them. You cannot limit the access to the employer, since these issues are a matter of public record.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This does not create any attorney-client relationship. Additionally, this is being provided for informational and instructional purposes only and does not constitute the practice of law in any jurisdiction.