TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Iwas fired from my Job on 9/26/08 for having an opposite opinion

Iwas fired from my Job on 9/26/08 for having an opposite opinion of a customer in which my boss fired me. I have commissions for jobs sold, some completed, some not. Am I entitled to all my commissions and my vehichle expenses?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to address your legal question.

You’re entitled to anything that you’ve already earned. Therefore, if there are unpaid commissions for sales that are completed, then you are certainly entitled to them. If there are potential commissions for sales that are not completed, but which will be completed in the future, then you may be entitled to a portion of them depending on the amount of work you performed.

If you and your former employer cannot come to an agreement on such commissions, and you sue, then a court will want you to prove the amount of work you performed to make the sale happen. If you played a substantial role, you will probably be given a percentage of the ordinary commission.

Does that answer your question?

If the information that I provided was helpful, please remember to ACCEPT my post as that is the only way I will receive credit and compensation for my answer. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be sufficiently addressed in this setting. Accordingly, my post is intended as general information only, and should neither be construed as specific legal advice, nor as an adequate substitute for the retention of legal counsel.