Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

i need help getting the wright forms to file a civil court

Customer Question

i need help getting the wright forms to file a civil court in kiss to try to recover my down payment i had put down on a prconstruction home i purshesed two years ago
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

If you are not going to be using an attorney to file your lawsuit, you should become a little familiar with the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure. Filing a civil lawsuit can be a little involved and you must follow the proper procedures. With respect to the Forms that you will need these can be found in the above document under Rules 1.900 - 1.902. You must scroll down to page 85.

In addition, I recommend that you contact one of the Florida Courts Self Help Centers. These centers will be able to help you with any questions you have about filing your lawsuit.

If the amount you are seeking to recover is large, I recommend that you use an attorney. But if not, make sure you read the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure, and if you have any further questions use the Florida Courts Self Help Centers.

I hope these resources help. Good luck.

Thomas

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi Mr Thomas thank you for your reply,i realy can not afford a lawer ,i had already spent fifteen thousand for a lawer just to send threatning to sue letters to lexon homes,i had no responce,the money they owe me is twenty five thousand dollares ,i know it is a lot of money i am trying to recover,because i really need it right now i do not have any more money ,i need to get the final judgement against them from the judge at least i can try to recover my money from the state they are insured by them,but first i need to do every possible way to get my money,i just need to know from you if that is possible to do all that on my own.

HelloCustomer

Once you commence the lawsuit, it is likely that lexon homes will try to reach some type of settlement with you so at least you will get some of your money back. Defending a lawsuit is expensive. It may cost them more than $25,000 to defend a lawsuit. So, they will likely want to settle. I know lawyers are expensive, and it is unfortunately so. It is possible to bring a lawsuit by yourself. It is difficult, because you must follow the proper procedures. But it is not impossible, and if you begin to familiarize yourself with the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure the process will seem a little easier. And again, I strongly recommend that you use those Self Help Centers I mentioned. They are specifically designed to help individuals like yourself.

Thomas

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i needed to know if there is any way you can provide the forms for me i will pay you for that thank you

HelloCustomer

I tried to find free sample forms for you to use online, but I was not able to find anything. This being the case, I recommend you use one of the Florida Courts Self Help Centers. They should be able to provide you with sample forms for free.

Thomas