Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law

I am 57y/o father/grandfather with over 30 years working in

I am 57y/o father/grandfather with over 30 years working in human services. When I was 17 I was arrested for the sale and possession on an illegal substance with adjudication withheld and the expunging of the record pending my completion of Military Service. About a year ago while trying to help my daughter and grandson transition to Virginia, I was arrested and found guilty on a first offense D.U.I. My employment counselor suggested that I apply for a substitute teaching position for which he could help me to obtain employment. The application states that fingerprinting will be done and submitted to F.D.L.E.and the FBI for a backround check and that all arrests, including those expunged, must be reported. My on-line search which included my driving record report from D.M.V. did not reveal these infractions. Is it possible that I can avoid possible disqualification by not reporting these infractions or is it likely that other backround checks will reveal these infractions?
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.

It's a real question whether even the FBI investigation would reveal the prior from when you were 17 - you were even underage. I probably wouldn't divulge the information as to the event from way back then.

However, as to the DUI - that will most assuredly show up when they run your records - so you might as well come clean about that one.

Law Pro, Attorney
Experience: 20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In other words, the FBI will do a national search of my driving record while the DMV provided only a statewide search...
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the finger prints are national now and are all combined together into one big data base.