Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
11688690

my daughter was arrested for possession of a class A substance.

my daughter was arrested for possession of a class A substance. She is unemployeed and the court has denied her representation and gave her 2 weeks to either show up with a lawyer or represent herself. is that a violation of her constitutional right? if so how would she proceed
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Malden MA
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
The fact that she wasn't given legal representation is unconstitutional - legal representation is mandatory if the defendant is indigent. Go to the Public Defender's Office in your county and request representation - she'll have to fill out the paperwork and provide proof of income or sign an affidavit of no income.