How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37061
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced for 7 years and had a lean put on him

Resolved Question:

I have been divorced for 7 years and had a lean put on him 4 years agon for 122,000. He gives me 500.00 a week for the lean but has not paid the child support in over 4 years which is 1,500. a week. Can I take him back to court since its been 4 years ago and collect another lean for this money?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. You would file for contempt here. you have the right to sanctiosn including fines and jail as well as a judgement for the arrears and a lien or attachment of wages here.


The court can award some or all of this to you in such a matter. You may need to obtain a lawyer her to file and represent you in such a matter. You definitely have remedies for back support here and should fiel to toll the staute of limitations. You don't want this to linger too long..

Ray and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions