LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Hi I am a 25% partner in a llc I have 3 other partners with

Customer Question

Hi I am a 25% partner in a llc I have 3 other partners with 25% equal shares. 2 of the partners have left with account password XXXXX online accounting and booking programs. The reps for the companies say the will only accept a court order as proof of the ownership. Can you tell me the quickest way to get that order please
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 years ago.

A Judge is going to have to issue a court order, but there needs to be a cause of action, as to why your other partners are withholding this information. You are not just able to go in front of a Judge and ask for this. I am not sure what you mean when you say they left but can assume ( please correct me if I am wrong) they were bought out of the partnership. That being the case, they had a duty to turn over this information, once they were bought out. If you have tried to get the password XXXXX them and they are failing to cooperate, you need to file a lawsuit against them. There should have been some documentation signed at the end of the partnership, requiring them to turn over and provide you with these passwords for the accounting and booking programs. If they fail to do so, the Judge will have to order them to do so. If they still fail to give you these passwords, the Judge will sign an order and hold them in contempt of court.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks

What actually happened is they sent out a email saying they are no longer part of our company. They will not communicate with us in anyway, we continue to run the company whilst they are trying to pursude owners to go with them

Even if that is the case, they can not withhold such information ,as passwords to access the accounting books. This information should be shared with all partners equally and not used as leverage to leave the company or take others with them.