skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

Is it right (lawful) for an attoney to server as Counsel for

Is it right (lawful) for an attoney to server as Counsel for a creditor, Arbitrator, and a debt collector for same creditor?
They can serve as counsel for the creditor and the debt collector as one but as the arbitrator in the case no. The arbitrator should be a neutral party not representing anyone in the litigation.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am up to my neck in Legal woes with a debt collector who served as counsel for my creditor. Last night I discovered that same Law firm server as the arbitrator who forces a judgement on me. What can I do? My wages are being garnished. Any leads? I am in Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida.
You can go to the court that assigned them as the arbitrators and file a motion to set aside the award. Further, contact the local bar association and ask them how to pursue a conflict of interest which you believe occured in this case.