Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
11688690

I am representing myself for a lawsuit againts a lawyer for

I am representing myself for a lawsuit againts a lawyer for gross misrepresentation. I cant afford a lawyer to do so because it took 3 years to fix only some of the damage done by this attorney and it has cost my entire life savings and 2 mortgages on my house.[$80000.00] My question is , The opposing attorney filed a motion to have the case thrown out because months earlier he filed a motion to rewright complaint . The motion was filed with no argument necesary. I did not answere the arguement , now the attorny filed a motion to have the case thrown out. How do I lable the document for arguement againts motion and should I follow it up with a motion of some sorts of my own?
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

I think what your saying is that you were to "Amend" the complaint which you haven't done - you must Amend by rewriting the complaint as per the court order. If you don't, you risk having the case dismissed.

Amend the complaint and therefore the attorney's motion is moot because you did.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how much time do i have to rewright complaint.? The motion was filed on 9/24/08.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
Look to the order that was entered by the judge - if an order was entered. If no order specifying a date certain then you have at least 20 days for 9-24-08.