Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law

after living in texas for 10 years, husband I separated. Having

after living in texas for 10 years, husband I separated. Having been separated (not divorced) from husband for last 3 years, am I liable for his debt now that he has died?
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
No, not unless they were joint accounts - even then you could make the argument and win that the debt was individually his - you were separated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

At our final divorce trail, the judge ruled that all his assets and his debts were to remain his, and mine would remain mine.

So specifically, I am not just talking about debts for when we were separated. He has school loans in his name from when we were together? He also had medical bills from while we were separated?

I don't know if the judges ruling helps, but although we were married in Texas for 10 years, then separated for 3 years:

am I liable for his debt during the marriage as well as his debt during the separation? What is the statue?

Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
You have to look at the judge's order specifically. I would need you to copy it into this venue to have a look at what it says.