Civil Law Answers
Civil Law Answers, Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current active litigation + mediation practice
12143673

Do settlemement proceeds belong to the estate of the deced

Customer Question

Do settlemement proceeds belong to the estate of the decedent?
Expert:  Civil Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Any settlement proceeds recovered on behalf of the decedent would be the property of the estate of the decedent. The estate is subject to the probate process to be divided among the beneficiaries and heirs as appropriate.

I hope this answered your question. If I have answered your question, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you the best of luck with this.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I accepted but not sure the debit was made because I hit the back browser after clicking. I don't want to accept a second time so what do I do?

Perhaps I can schedule an in person conference. The court ordered )1 and 1/2 years ago) the OTHER assets of the estate $60,000 + personal property stolen by the co-trustee/co-beneficiary (5 years before death), BUT THEY ARE REFUSSING TO PAY ME MY 50% and I really need the money.