Christy, Attorney
Experience:  Former General Counsel for nationwide corporation. Contracts, rental properties, business law.

My husband and I are separated and have been for a couple

My husband and I are separated and have been for a couple of months. We've been in counseling for over nine months and made no progress. He was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder in December 07 and refuses to take his meds now and refuses to be re-evaluated by a Dr. We have a two and a half yr old son and I need to file for divorce. I can't do this anymore. I was the one who left and I got my own apartment. Does orange or seminole county florida provide free legal aid for divorces? If not what is the best way to get a lawyer when you have no money. I know I need a lawyer because my son is definently not safe in his care and our psycologist can witness to that.
Expert:  Christy replied 8 years ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but I truly commend you for taking this step.

Seminole County does offer legal aid services. They give priority to cases where there are minor children, as you have indicated. Give them a call at (NNN) NNN-NNNN and explain your situation. They will be able to guide you. In the meantime, before the office opens, you can look at the website at:

If I have been helpful, please Accept my Answer. We can continue talking after you do so if you have any follow-up questions, or if there is anything I can do to further assist you.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX of luck,