Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

is it legal for the fbi to set up an innocent person and

is it legal for the fbi to set up an innocent person   and make him a criminal to help bring down a criminal freind???????
Could you give me the background of this issue?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i did and it asks me to pay again why?

You do not pay until you are satisfied with an expert's answer and click on the green accept button. Simply entering your payment information does not make your account be charged.

I am unsure as to how to best answer your question until I get some more facts. Why do you feel as though you have been set up?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well i was set up to help them also set up a person that they assure me he has done many bad things ,and they want me to help to bring him down,
Were you threatened with any legal action if you did not comply?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
like i said earleir i have never done anything illegal in my life ,so here comes an fbi undercover informent and asks me if i would take cash for him to invest and return to him through money wiring to some account that he gave me never asked where the cash came from in the type of buissnes that iam in a lot of cash is involved ,after few tranaction i was approached by the fbi for money laundering ,they offers me a deal if i help to bring this person down nothing would be filed agaqinst me ,came to find out they have been trying for a long time to get me or taking me down ,now again my life was great i have wife kids i make good money ,and here they come crossing into my life for the only reason to bring down this person that i know pretty well.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

money laundering

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
and christy the money that i made will never break me or make me i do well 4 myself..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you there??????
Yes, I am reading the info you gave me. Just a few moments.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

this s criminal law are you familiar with it?

After reading the facts of your specific situation, I can only advise that you comply with the FBI agent. However, I would caution you to confirm that this is actually an FBI agent before you do so.

I am going to refer your question to an expert who specializes in Criminal Law. He or she may have more insights for you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh ya 100% fbi you know the funny thing if they came to me preior to them traping me i would have complied but i feel cheeted angry to the way they came about it...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok i thaught this site could help but it takes for ever to reply to my questions i thaught that i paid for rapid answers!

Sometimes our experts can answer the questions faster than others. This site gives people access to legal assistance that otherwise would not be available, but it usually comes at the price of expediency. If, for example, someone came into my office and I charged them my hourly rate of $185 per hour, they would have my undivided attention. On JustAnswer(tm), you'll understand if the answers are not always instantaneous. You have been very patient, and we are appreciative.

The question is "is it legal for the fbi to set up an innocent person and make him a criminal to help bring down a criminal freind???????" The answer is "sometimes". Entrapment is where the government compels someone to engage in a criminal behavior that they ordinarily would not engage in. Entrapment is usually illegal. However, if the government merely provides the defendant with the opportunity to commit the criminal act, this is not illegal. Furthermore, the government absolutely has the authority to ask for a defendant's cooperation in exchange for immunity from pending criminal charges.

I would confirm that anyone presenting themselves as an FBI agent is actually employed by that agency; this can be done by looking in the "blue" pages of your phone book under the federal government section and calling the FBI to confirm that this person and their activities are legitimate. Furthermore, if you have been entrapped, you will want to immediately retain the services of a criminal defense attorney. Best of luck.

If this was informative, please remember to click "accept" so I may receive credit for my personal time and effort. Thank you.

Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience: Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.