Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

My wife works at an RV park. The owner wants her to take a

Customer Question

My wife works at an RV park. The owner wants her to take a photocopy of there drivers lic. from anyone thats enters the park. ( res and any visitors) Then she is to put the info in to a folder. She doesn't feel right doing this and it doesn't set right with me eather. Is this legal? Ron, Caldwell Idaho
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This is legal. A private property owner can require identification from anyone entering his land. And there is nothing inherently private about driver's licenses. I admit it is a little unseemly, and I question the necessity of having such a policy. Nevertheless, there is nothing illegal about it.

Thomas