The Judge
The Judge, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Active lawyer & former judge with over 30 years experience in family law and business law.
4588605

Is it legal to get paid in cash if you are only working 3 hours

Is it legal to get paid in cash if you are only working 3 hours a day?
Expert:  The Judge replied 8 years ago.
Hello Richard,

It's always legal to get paid in cash.

Here's what I think you mean. Is it legal for the employer or employee not to record and/or report the payment? The answer is always NO, whether he pays you in cash or by check.

But , I must tell you, it happens all the time, all across the country. But that doesn't make it legal.

I hope this answers your question. If there is anything that you do not understand, please let me know and I will be happy to explain further.

In the meantime, please click "Accept" so that I may be paid for my answer and any subsequent follow-ups with you.

Thank you,

The Judge (actively practicing attorney and former Trial Court Judge)

P.S. I am frequently asked how someone can specifically request that I, personally, answer a question. Here’s how: for new questions in the future, always begin your question with “QUESTION FOR THE JUDGE.”