Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

what is the statue of limitations on a car loan in florida.

what is the statue of limitations on a car loan in florida. and when does that statue begin. thank you
The statute of limitations on a contract in writing in Florida is 5 years. Typically the statute begins running when the default occurs, but some courts are enforcing this from the date the last payment is due. Also, if you have made any payments in the ensuing time or agreed to make payments then the statute starts over.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.