Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

can a immigration law firm deny refund

can a immigration law firm deny refund?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

the answer is that it depends on the circumstances. The nuances vary by state, but generally, an attorney is prohibited from entering into an agreement for, charging, or collecting an illegal or unconscionable fee. The unconscionability of a fee is ordinarily determined on the basis of all the facts and circumstances existing at the time the agreement is entered into except where the parties contemplate that the fee will be affected by later events. Factors that are considered in determining the conscionability of a fee typically include things like the amount of the fee in proportion to the value of the services performed and the amount involved and the results obtained.

If the fee that the immigration law firm collected is unconscionable, consider contacting your state's bar association to file a complaint. Best of luck.

If this was informative, please click "accept" so I may receive credit for my personal time and effort. Thank you.

HiCustomer

Was there anything else that you needed?

Please remember to hit "accept" if I answered your question. Otherwise, Just Answer(tm) keeps the entire deposit. Thank you.