Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

What I need to legally change my sons last name to mine I

What I need to legally change my sons last name to mine? I already have two seperate legal papers in which his biological father signed over all rights.

Generally speaking, you will have to file a petition to change the name of a minor with the court.

Be prepared to show the Court that the change is consistent with the best interests of the child. Explain that you want your child to have your last name since the father is not a part of his llife. Inform the Court that you have the consent of the father.

You can download the required form at this site:

http://www.ilrg.com/forms/namechange-minor/us/mo

I hope that I have fully answered your question and the answer was helpful to you.

If you have any additional questions that you would like me to assist you with, you can start your question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit - Bonus = job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE