Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Will I be extradited to texas

I have a warrant in texas where I used to live for a violation of probation. I live in Florida where I have a warrant for a bad check that I am doing a self arrest for tomorrow and bonding out. Will texas hold me and extridite me to texas or will I be able to bond out and go to texas on my own to fix my violation in texas
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
There is no way to tell. Texas often issues extradition orders for violations, but not always for misdemeanor violations. There is no way to find out without hiring a lawyer or turning yourself in.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My bondsman used to work in texas and she said with the cost of extradition they won't persue it. What can I do to tell texas I am promisingto come back and call my probation officer and tell her I will pay my fines and get caught. How can I pervent this from happening
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
The best thing to do is hire alawyer int he town where you were on probation to handle it for you. That way you can have a deal worked out before you go there.

Texas is really flaky on extraditions. I've seen them extradite on misdemeanors, but not usually. The jails are overcrowded.